Day 1: Waterfalling Adventure Tour in Iligan

I am at Iligan City, finally!

I had to travel five hours by bus from my hometown to Cagayan de Oro then had dinner with a good friend who was now based in Surigao. After a few chit-chats, I was set to leave for another two hours ride to Iligan.

Woman Conductor at West Bound Terminal, Cagayan de Oro
This is my first time traveling alone west. Much has changed I can say, I was surprised to see bus companies such as the Rural Transit Bus Lines got away with gender-specific mentality as to jobs concerned, it was nice to see girls having to hold and provide tickets to their customers.

Two hours of glancing through the watch, I can finally see Iligan the way I saw it before, as an industrial town.

I never once imagined that the city is rich with quite a number of waterfalls. It was claimed that numbers went as high as 39, but only 23 was yet recognized as naturally-made. Hence, Iligan is also known as the "City of Majestic Waterfalls".

When I got to the busy part of the city, I began asking for questions from the people boarding the same bus. I asked for directions as to where the bus stop is, but to my dismay, the local-pretending lady failed to grasp my question, thus, leaving me hopeless in the city bus terminal.

Thankfully, after some few inquiries with the tourism police force, a cute police girl with a short hair pointed me to the right direction. I wished I had asked her name so that I won't call her maybe...

But now I am in Iligan, having some great food and fellowship with other bloggers at Jacko's Kan-anan to try out three great dishes!

@iam3739